It is day five. I have been processed-free and gluten free for 5 days and I am starting to notice a difference. When I work out my stamina and energy is AMAZING but I also sweat about 10x more. It's like my body is just pushing out every toxin it can in every way it possibly can. The foggy-headed was gone today until I went and worked out. I found that the extra energy and stamina created a natural desire to just work really hard and then suddenly I was like - oh holy crap I've been practically running up the elliptical and then stair-master for 30 minutes and I think I might faint. When I stepped off I was suuuuuuppppper dizzy! Took a few extra minutes of cool-down and an entire bottle of water to move from dizzy to nauseated and then another bottle of water to get through nauseated. Must keep an eye on that next time I go to the gym!
I learned the other day from a friend who is a fitness enthusiast that recent research finds that if you can 'rev up' the muscles in the area where you want to burn fat from it can encourage your body to burn fat from that area. Now, I don't know where she read this - a fitness journal I think - but I'll try to get the reference for anyone interested. Today I started to try it. I spend a good 15 minutes before cardio working the crap out of my abs and then really focused on tightening my abs throughout my cardio routine. And here is the routine for anyone interested:
3 sets of 10 reps Roman Chair - side pose
30 full extension sit-ups on the BOSU ball
30 bicycle legs on the BOSU ball
15 minutes level 12 speed 100+ on the elliptical
15 minutes stair-master at 65 steps per minute
10 min cool down on treadmill level 2.7
And now for a recipe - cause I promised one and it's time to deliver! :)
Wilted Beet Greens and Chicken
What you'll need:
greens from about 6-8 beets
1/2 a red onion
2 large fresh carrots
garlic
2 strips bacon
2 tbsp chicken stock
salt/pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 chicken breast/person (this recipe is about enough for 2-3)
Dice your carrots, chop garlic, slice onion, and slice chicken into strips. Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Place bacon aside and allow to de-grease on a paper towel. Add garlic and onion into pan with bacon fat. Allow onion and garlic to slightly brown. Add carrots and cook until the carrots are al dente. Add beet greens and chicken stock to pan and allow to cook until beet greens wilt.
Meanwhile, get a pan heated to medium along with olive oil. Salt and pepper each side of the chicken. Place the chicken in the pan after the pan has heated up so you get a nice sear. Flip chicken to get even cook on each side as needed.
Crumble bacon over the wilted greens. Serve greens on the bottom with chicken over the top. Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment