Monday, August 22, 2011

Water.....Retention.

Oh my gosh! It's bad! I ate some white rice (sushi)....it was probably less than 1/2 a cup two days in a row.  I have been allowing myself 1 cup of either rice, quinoa, potato, yam, polenta, etc. per week.  However, after two 1/2 cup servings of white rice I am beyond bloated.  My hands are puffy, my ankles are swollen, and my tummy feels like it can barely fit in the jeans that were way too big three days ago.  I had to tighten my belt - a whole notch - and now I've gone back up two notches.  Yeah - water retention!

So, rice is now OFF my food list.  Clearly adding a semi-large amount of a very processed food was not the best idea.  I'm a little sad that sushi is now off my list of foods for a while.  As is soy sauce - which has an amazing amount of salt!  The rest of the week will be spent working out and eating lots of protein and veggies to try to regulate my system back to where it was.  Damn set backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment