Day 1
So day one I woke up pretty "nercited" which is my word for nervous and excited at the same time. I found myself really wondering if I would experience any real cravings for sugar or bread or pasta or whatever. I felt a little worried I'd be hungry all day or never quite full or burn through what I ate in record time. Turns out none of that happened.
Day's menu:
1 mango
1 large carrott
2 tbsp hummus
7 baby carrots
1 yoplait yogurt
2 turkey meatballs
1 hard boiled egg
4 oz grilled chicken
2 cups wilted beet greens with stems
1/2 cup sauteed carrots/onion/garlic
1 pear
At the end of the day - when I ate that pear - I found I was pretty confused about why I wasn't going to have my nightly 1/2 cup of frozen yogurt. I didn't really 'want' it...but it was part of my routine. That was the only hard moment of day 1.
Day 2
Woke up feeling pretty lethargic. I was fuzzy headed and had not slept that well. I was a bit clammy and cold. I found as soon as I started to move around I was a little sweaty. What was going on? The day continued in this fashion. I was a little tired, a little headachy, a little sweaty, and a little cranky. Luckily, I decided that my day wasn't complete unless I worked out. I did a full hour on the treadmill at a 15% incline 3.2 mph. Did a pretty rad arm routine also - in case you're interested:
bicep curls
'skull crushers' - hold a heavy weight, arms bent, above your head and bend at the elbows until you bring your weight onto your forehead.
tricep presses
shoulder presses
'round abouts' - take a 25 lb weight and rotate it to the left around your head and then switch and rotate to the right.
each exercise should be done 10 reps, 3 sets
I talked to my buddy Whitney for a while. She suggested that I might not be eating enough....which is crazy...because I eat all the time! I eat all day! At any rate, I packed in a little more food and I found that as the evenign wore on I was feeling a lot better. Just might not be eating enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment