This is NOT the point! This is so NOT the point of what I'm trying to do. What I'm trying to do is get to a place where I eat when I'm hungry and I stop when I'm full. The point is to eat healthful and wholesome whole foods. The point is to fuel my body really well. But damn it if I can't stop wondering how many calories I've eaten, how much protein, how much fat, how many carbs....on and on....how many calories did I burn in my workout today? Ugh.....and that's not the point. But ever since yesterday when I thought I might not be eating enough calories I've found myself worried about it. I feel like I ate pretty reasonably today.
The Food:
5 turkey meatballs
1 yogurt
2 hard boiled eggs
3 oz of deli turkey
1 oz pepper jack cheese
1 cup blueberries
1 peach
1/2 cup pistachios
2 tbsp hummus
20 'nut thins'
I'm super full. I feel totally satisfied and I even worked out today - 60 minutes of yoga and 15 minutes on the elliptical. I know that what I need to do is think about whether or I'm full or hungry, whether I'm feeling energetic or exhausted, whether I'm feeling foggy or clear. I know my body must be doing some detoxing from sugar, gluten, starch, etc. I know I'm bound to be a little 'off' as I'm starting this process. Tobi reminded me of that last night - that from time to time I'll feel a little off, sweaty, foggy, or tired. I just need to give myself a little time to adjust.
I suppose I'm also detoxing from 3 years of counting calories, fat grams, and how much I burned each workout. I must be trying to let go of worrying if today I got the calculation just right so that I can loose that next pound. And it's been so long since I saw the last pound fall and stay fallen that I know I must be doing something that doesn't agree with my body.
No comments:
Post a Comment